Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A new vac thats cleaning house Miele S7








~SCROLL DOWN FOR THE REVIEW AND SKIP THE HOW I WAS ABLE TO GET IT LECTURE~


HOW I WAS ABLE TO GET IT
Tonight I bring to you Miele Most people pronounce it in america exactly as it is spelled but it is really pronounced (mela).
I am usually a total dyson fanatic but my last experience with a dyson supervisor resulted in total loss of faith in the company for this family. I wanted a new vacuum that would LAST and wasn't cheaply made. Don't get me wrong dysons were nice vacuums when they first came out but now they seem to be loosing there quality and support was once a blessing now its a nightmare.

On one of many occasions that my dyson was in for repair I saw one of the vacuum store employes bringing out a Miele at the time I didn't know what it was and all I care about was that it looked super cool! I asked them if I could take her for a test drive, we proceeded and he have me the whole miele run down all of its features and benefits. last question the price I asked how much it would set me back, he hesitantly replied $850 For the s7380 tango model... I thought that I was going to pass out... I gulped thanked him and took a brochure.

I went home and called every vacuum store in Northern Cali. Every vacuum store swore up and down that they were great cleaners and very reliable. After about an hour and a half of calling vacuum stores I found a new vac store Beal's vacuum on Fulton Ave. I said a light prayer and hoped for the best .... after being quoted $799 and up from all the vac stores. I spoke with a very friendly and helpful man, he didnt know if they had one he asked if I cold hold for a min and he would check, 10 seconds later he replied *I have one* I asked new or used *used didn't matter as long as I was able to get one at a good deal*
He kindly said that it was a demo that was used twice once to make sure it worked when it was new and the second to demo it. He was very accurate because he said that he was the only one that had demoed it.

For the final question... PRICE. I said before he could get a word in that I didn't have much money to spend he said $575 or some thing around that. I asked if they would accept the dyson for a trade in... He laughed and said that they don't take dysons but he could give me trade in value because I was interested and they wanted to move it out so they could bring in the twist version *same thing just no headlight and $549* I asked if he could take any more off because it was a demo.. he came up with $403.00 after all the trade in and demo % off. With tax it came to $479.60 for a basically new miele s7 and only a small scuff on it and all of its attachments and paper work were included AND I got to keep the dyson.
I know that the big man up stairs had allot to do with this!

NOW FOR THE ACTUAL FEATURES AND REVIEW

The model I was able to get was a MIele S7 Salsa s7280 The difference between the s7280's and the s7580's is that the s7580 has a control panel to adjust the suction and an automatic button that lest the vac choose the suction. Mine the s7280 has a dial that you twist to change the suction levels Honestly I prefer is and there's allot less to go wrong with it in the future.
This vacuum twists from side to side its basically a dyson ball but but not a dyson and with allot more life!
This vacuum is very strong I can vacuum the living room with the miele and then go over it with the dyson and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that the dyson can get. The miele has a bag that is SUPER easy to replace and the hepa filter only needs to be replaced every year the vacuum traps 100% of every thing and is a very clean machine!

The brush bar can be easily tuned off my the flick of a switch on the handle. The miele is very nicely weighted while lifting it up stairs and is not bulky to carry. The vacuum has a suction hose that can be pulled out of the side of the vacuum and even has its own handle. The wand can be adjusted to different lengths and all of the attachments are nicely stored on board.

It has a wonderful 39ft power cord and is 4ft longer than the dysons. I can really notice it when im vacuuming too. It comes with a one year warranty on the plastics and a seven year warrant on the motor.
The s7280's come in three colors/names: Jazz/ Yellow, Salsa/Tomato red, Calypso/white
The s7580's also come in three colors: Bolero/Black, Tango*my fave*pearl red, Swing/Shimmery silver.

Pros: Nice twist feature, LED headlight, Nice to carry beats dyson on performance, True 100% hepa vac, German quality shows my fav vac ever!
Cons: A bit top heavy, kinda heavy but you get used to it after a few uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment